Tanzanian Gold Confirms that Buckreef Zone Still Open to N.E. Intercept of 31.0m @ 2.5 g/t; including 1.0m @ 11.9 g/t and 1.0m @ 15.5 g/t Au.
TORONTO, October 11, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Tanzanian Gold Corporation’s, (TSX:TNX) (NYSE American:TRX) (the “Company’s”) Board of Directors is pleased to announce further assay results from its ongoing Phase II drill program at its Buckreef Project to define potential mineralized zones below the open pit as reported and published in the June 2018 Pre-Feasibility National Instrument 43-101 Technical Report, and to extend the mineralization to the Northeast.
The significant intercepts reported today are outside the open pit on the last grid line and indicate that the Buckreef Mineralized Zone is still open to the Northeast.
Hole L25-1 intersected 42.0 m of gold mineralization grading @ 2.0 g/t Au from 649 including
31.0 m grading @ 2.5 g/t Au from 650m including:
- 3.0m grading @ 2.32 g/t Au from 650m
- 6.0m grading @ 2.0 g/t Au from 654m
- 2.0m grading @ 6.9 g/t Au from 662m including 1.0m grading @ 11.9 g/t Au at 663m
- 7.0m grading @ 4.0 g/t Au from 668m including 1.0m grading @ 15.5 g/t Au at 670m
- 2.0m grading @ 4.4 g/t Au from 679m including 1.0m grading @ 6.8 g/t Au at 680m 4.0m grading @ 1.6 g/t Au from 687 mThe intersections reported here are a down-hole length and may not represent true width but the true width is estimated to be 50 – 60%.